Thursday, February 24, 2011

McIvers Baths

Mc Ivers Baths in Coogee is quickly becoming one of my most favourite places in Sydney. I was introduced to Mc Ivers through my friend Ruby's blog. It looked great in the photos but is even better in real life.

McIvers is a women and children only ocean bath in Coogee, nestled in the cliff face below Grant Reserve. It is thought that the site was originally a traditional bathing place for Aboriginal women. It has been operating as a women and childrens bath from about the 1860s.

McIvers is managed by Randwick Ladies Amateur Swimming Club and the entry fee is a 20 cent honesty system.


My favourite place with my favourite cousin.


The view of Coogee Beach from the pool



Looking south towards Wylies Baths


Little Cuthburt the crab. One of the many local residents of the pool


Shaany rockin the goggles

No comments:

Post a Comment